Monday, February 23, 2009








I just came home from the Northern Association Rodeo Finals in Billings where I spent time with a bunch of wonderful young ladies, including my MTRM Sam, Little Miss Missoula Stampede Liz Roberts, and Ravalli County Princess Callie Roberts. I would like to thank Karen and Ty Yost for allowing all of us to be apart of the fun performance. Sam and I had a pretty packed schedule. We did our very first school visit, which went well, although I must admit I was a little nervous:). The kids were very receptive to our mini kiddie rodeo though, which was a relief. We also spent time with the SOCO and Nutralix booths at the MATE show, which is a large agriculture trade show. In the booths we signed autographs and met some neat people. In case you were wondering, in one of the pictures above, Sam and I are holding a paper man. His name is Flat Stan and he is a project for a third grade class. They have mailed him out all around the world and try to find "celebrities" to take pictures with him. Sam and I felt pretty lucky to get in a picture with Stan. The rodeo was awesome and I encourage everyone to try to make it at least once to the NRA Finals. They really know how to put on an awesome show at Yost Events. I would like to thank Matt and Liz Manley for helping me out with my horse and making things so much easier for us girls! Thanks to Jack at 105.9 The BAR for having us on the radio and also to the Yosts! We had a great time. I appreciate Linda Rest for organizing this.

I also had the pleasure of attending the Missoula Agribusiness Banquet
right after I came home from San Antonio. I was so pleased to see a friend I hadn't seen in a while. Haley Boyer won Miss Teen Montana USA this year and I am so proud of her. She and I sold raffle tickets and met with some of the top agriculture people around the Missoula area. I had a blast with Haley and wish her well at the Miss Teen USA Pageant. I hope to see her soon down the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment