Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Montana Pro Rodeo Hall and Wall of Fame Banquet

I just came back from Billings where I had the pleasure of attending the Hall and Wall of Fame Banquet. I went to this two years ago when I was Miss Southeastern Montana Rodeo and had a wonderful time. Going back as Miss Rodeo Montana was even better. This event is to raise money for scholarships for high school rodeo athletes planning on pursuing higher education. As well, they induct a group of prolific Montanans involved in the sport of rodeo into the Hall and Wall of Fame. I met some really remarkable people including special guests Wilford Brumley and Harry Vold. Harry is one of two people that has brought stock to every single National Finals Rodeo. Buck Brannaman was there with his family and it was a pleasure to meet him. I read his book a number of years ago and I respect and utilize his training methods. I met Larry Jordan for the first time. I had talked to him on the phone because I needed a pro rodeo history lesson from him for my speech. He is just as charming in person. Larry is an unsung hero in professional rodeo because he actually came up with the concept of the circuit system. I am so proud to have met a man who was such an integral part of the foundation of rodeo. It was a fun evening and I always enjoy getting to wear the western elegance dresses. I stayed with Linda and Andy Rest. We had a lot of fun. So far, I have enjoyed my host homes as much as the events! Thank you to the Rests for letting me stay with you! Well I'm about to head out for a sport show in Great Falls, then the Montana Cowboy Hall of Fame banquet. I will have stories soon, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Was it Wilford Brimley, the guy from the diabetes commercials?? If so, awesome!

    ReplyDelete