Thursday, September 24, 2009

Western Design Conference and Lewistown Weekend!

Sam and I presenting awards at the Trappers Convention
Selling Deep Fried Oreos at the Fergus High School Football Game- they're delicious

The outfits we modeled at the Western Design Conference- I wore the brown one with the skirt


Kate- I mean Mrs. Ruland- and I show off some abstract art
Going to Jackson Hole for the Western Design Conference with Julie Ewing was a one-of-a-kind opportunity. I was with a girl who is about to run for Miss Rodeo California, and a girl who is about to run for Miss Rodeo Canada. We had so much fun and stayed in the coolest cabins that reminded me of the "Aspen" hotel rooms on Dumb and Dumber. I felt very spoiled. Sherry Jolley came and modeled with us as well and it was great to see her. The clothes were fun to wear and I got to model in two other designers sets, so I felt really fortunate. It was such good practice for America because the runway is a similar T- stage. I had a great time. Thank you Julie! You are a talented artist and an incredible person!
My weekend in Lewistown went really well and was packed full. On Friday, I did school visits and spoke to Ag classes. I also got to teach abstract art in Kate's class, which was really fun. We then went to cheerleading practice because Kate coaches the Junior High Cheerleaders, then to a football game. I helped out SKILLS club by selling deep-fried oreos. They were a hot ticket item and really good, if I do say so myself. The next day Sam, Kate, and I headed to the Trappers Convention. I did a bullwhip cracking demonstration, and we modeled fur coats. Sam and I also helped with the auction. Sunday was my favorite day of the weekend because Kate and I hauled her horse out to Ed Lamb's house and he donated a riding lesson. We worked for about 3 hours on the patterns for America and I really learned a lot. Ed is a super trainer and he really knows horses. It was so generous of him to school me for MRA and so nice of Kate to let me use her horse. This horse was perfect for the lesson. I would like to thank Kate Ruland for letting me stay at her house and giving me so many opportunities. It was a very productive weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment