Thursday, August 20, 2009

Missoula Stampede

My Scrapbook Cover! Thanks Muley Bluz!!!
Sam, Hank, and I trying to stay dry

Signing autographs at Quality Supply with all of the Missoula Stampede Girls


It's all about teamwork- picture from the Rocky Mountain School of Photography


Missoula is my stomping grounds and the first rodeo I ever saw was at the Western Montana Fair, so I am partial to this one. The Missoula Stampede committee has gone above and beyond to raise the bar for their rodeo. They succeeded in attracting many of the top cowboys in the PRCA and it's always fun to see the sport's finest athletes. I stayed busy doing many interviews, both radio and television. I did an interview on an MCAT show, as well as a part for a Wildlife Film Festival video on the fair. I would like to thank Gretchen Kirchmann for organizing my schedule. We definitely got the most out of the week. It was great emceeing the style show with Sam. We had so much fun recounting some of the finer moments of the year! There were so many highlights in the week, including going out to lunch with Laura Bakker, Sam, and Bill Nooney. Mr. Nooney is a huge supporter of the Miss Rodeo Montana organization and he makes the gas card for Miss Rodeo Montana possible. Lynn and Audrey Sholty put on another successful Ribbons and Rhinestones Golf Tournament and I had my first golfing experience. I didn't know you couldn't wear cowboy boots so I felt a little naieve when I showed up in my Justin Boots ready to golf. It all worked out and I just had to tiptoe on the greens:)
I would like to especially thank Laura Bakker for once again running an awesome pageant. The girls will do a great job and I hope that they can make it up to the Miss Rodeo Montana Pageant for the style show this January.
I got my scrapbook cover from Muley Bluz out of Ronan. Thank you so much Steve! This man is an amazing artist and probably one of the nicest people I have met all year. He did a superb job and I am so excited to see the beautiful finished product!



No comments:

Post a Comment