Thursday, April 2, 2009

Autumn Dunbar Benefit Rodeo, Governor's Conference on Tourism, and TETWP Photo Shoot!!!

I had so much fun on my most recent travels. Well the end of March weather wasn't exactly what I like to see- but it's Montana right? I woke up at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning to make the Vaughn rodeo and drove through some pretty treacherous roads- but alas- for weather circumstances unforeseen the rodeo was canceled. We were literally in a white out! I actually ended up having a really awesome time because I hung out with Gary and Jody Rempel and they were gracious enough to let me stay with them and took me out to dinner. It was fun. The rodeo was to benefit a girl named Autumn Dunbar who has a rare heart condition called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. The fundraiser will still take place sometime in the near future when the weather eases up a bit! JS rodeo put it on and I teased John Smith that the chili I had for lunch better be good because I've never driven over 200 miles for a bowl of chili. He felt terrible, but I thought it was funny. It was good that I was in the neighborhood though, because I had to trek South for the Governor's Conference on Tourism in Helena. I stayed with Mike, Laurie, and Libby Gurnett- who is the Big Sky ProRodeo Princess. I had so much fun with the family and I felt so at home. They gave me a house key and everything. I felt so welcomed and adopted- and the home cooked meals were wonderful. Thanks again to the Gurnetts! We have so many great times to come. The above photo is Libby and I taking some candid shots outside the Gurnett house. Mike is quite the photographer! At the conference, I had the pleasure of listening to our governor, Brian Schweitzer, speak at a luncheon. His trusty border collie came with him. WOW that dog is well trained! He must do that a lot. The governor spoke about "branding" Montana for marketing and it was very interesting. I did see a familiar face in the slide show at the luncheon. It was a gorgeous picture of Jennifer Marshall (Miss Teen Rodeo Montana 2008) in her gorgeous hair on chaps at a rodeo. I was really pleased to see that they used this picture to "brand" Montana. Rodeo is so important to tourism. And who better to brand Montana than a wonderful ambassador to professional rodeo! The last stop on my trip was to the Last Chance Stampede Fairgrounds for a TETWP photo shoot. I met with Amy Robbins and then got suited up for some pictures with a beautiful pair of pink chaps that they are auctioning off! I had no idea until I arrived at the rodeo grounds that everything is being renovated. They built an awesome facility and I cannot wait to see the finished product at the end of July for the rodeo. I encourage everyone to make this PRCA show one of their stops. It is always an awesome rodeo and now they have a tremendous facility. I'm excited. All in all- the last few appearances were fun, exciting, and action-packed. I'm having a great time and I want to thank everyone that has helped me in my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment