Friday, July 10, 2009

Cody, Livingston, and Calgary

Miss Rodeo Australia and I at the Calgary Stampede
O Canada! Miss Rodeo Utah, Kansas, Arizona, and I

Enjoying beautiful weather with Miss Livingston Roundup- Erika Blough


Carrying the Montana flag at the Livingston Roundup



Having some lemonade at Buffalo Bill Cody's Bar with Miss Teen Rodeo Idaho and Miss Rodeo Teton County in Cody, WY


I kicked off my Fourth of July festivities with a two day trip to Cody, Wyoming for the Stampedede. Miss Rodeo Wyoming, Miss Cody Stampede and I attended the Cody Nite Rodeo, then participated in the Cody Stampede, which is a Gold rodeo in the PRCA's Million Dollar Tour. The Nite rodeo is really fun and a great way for competitors to practice every night in the summer. It is the only rodeo that goes every single night of the summer. Miss Cody Stampede has the option of spending every single night at a rodeo! We also went on a trolley tour of Cody and learned a lot about Buffalo Bill, who founded the town of Cody. The Cody committee was definitely one of the nicest and most hospitable. They treated us so well and I would like to extend my gratitude to them and especially to my queen dad-Tim. He was really fun.
I spent Independence Day in Livingston. That is one of our state's largest rodeos and it was neat to be behind the scenes with some of rodeos biggest stars. A big gust of wind knocked over all of the sponsor flags and Tuf Cooper was gentleman enough to help me pick up all of the flags. I love to watch that young man compete because I think he has a great attitude. I'm here to say he is very congenial in person as well! I had a great time helping at the roundup with Erika Blough, Miss Livingston Roundup. Her father was a huge help and provided a horse for me to ride all three nights. Thanks to the Bloughs! I also had Libby Gurnett hanging out with me because she was helping out Judy Kesler for the rodeo. We walked downtown and looked at all of the art museums and shops.
After the rodeo on Saturday, I drove to Missoula and spent a few hours napping. Then I drove to Polson, picked up my dad, and he drove us to Calgary. The Calgary Stampede is an experience in itself. They really know how to put on a show. Gary and Jody Rempel were there because this was Gary's 25th year picking up there! Jody, my dad, and I had fun walking around and even tried a deep fried oreo. I felt my arteries clogging a little, but it was actually really good. Now deep fried jelly beans on the other hand..... I wasn't really up to try those. We watched the chuckwagon races, the rodeo, and I saw a few different shows. I had a day which was my hosted "queen day" at Calgary. Miss Rodeo Utah, Kansas, Arizona, and I were introduced at the Stampede and got a little VIP treatment. I enjoyed the Calgary Stampede and know I will be back for more some day. It's like Vegas- you can't see it all in one trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment