Monday, June 29, 2009

Chinook and Augusta Rodeos

Mike Gurnett's photography skills in Augusta
Libby, Jourdan, and I in Augusta

Kiddie Rodeo Cowgirls


They don't call it Chinook for nothing







This weekend I attended the Bearpaw Roundup in Chinook and the Wildest One Day Rodeo in the World- Augusta. In Chinook, I attended a barbeque and two nights of rodeo with awesome Brookman livestock. Sam, Jourdan, and I braved the wind with some heavy flags and had a lot of fun helping out at the rodeo. We also put on a kiddie rodeo each night before the rodeo and had some very adorable girls hang out with us. They were so cute and really excited to learn about all of the events in rodeo. I got a really great picture of all of the girls during the kiddie rodeo that I am pretty psyched about. It was only a little staged!




I am a huge fan of Augusta. It is probably my favorite town in Montana, so I was ecstatic to head there on Sunday for their famous little rodeo. My first summer out of high school I worked for an outfitter up Benchmark and attended the Augusta rodeo. It was fun to be back. I signed autographs at Latigo and Lace, which is an excellent place to find books, art, jewelry, and anything western! Before the rodeo, the town was full of people from all over the world- including England and the Czech republic. The stands were packed. I was so happy to be riding a really cool horse. The Robertson family from Augusta let me use one of their horses and he did great. I love riding different horses! That family has always been a huge help to me and even welded my old horse trailer last year when I pulled into town losing parts. They are wonderful people and an awesome rodeo family. The rodeo went well and the American Legion really outdid themselves with a fun, exciting rodeo. It was awesome to work with Libby Gurnett (Miss Big Sky ProRodeo Princess), Jourdan Han (Miss Big Sky ProRodeo Queen), and Aspen Allen (Little Miss Big Sky ProRodeo Roundup). They did a great job and everything went smoothly. I leave early tomorrow for Cody, Wyoming and I am excited to start my "Rodeo Queen Christmas". It is a lot of driving and rodeo performances packed into few weeks. I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July and enjoys a great rodeo somewhere across our beautiful state!

No comments:

Post a Comment