Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dusty Gliko Memorial Bullriding, MRMI Board Meeting

The Gliko Family and I after the memorial bullriding
On Friday I headed to Belt for the memorial of someone who was very close to my heart. Dusty and I dated when I was 17 and he passed away in a car accident four years ago. He was one of the people who gave me the inspiration to run for Miss Rodeo Montana and I will always treasure him as a person and our relationship. His life and his death taught me a lot. I would like to thank the Glikos for taking me into their home anytime I am in the area. I have a great time hanging out with John, Vicki, and Jamie. I would also like to extend a huge thank you to Kaehl Berg who allowed me to ride his horse for grand entry. It was the horse he uses to rope bulls and I appreciate him letting me carry the America flag on him.
On Saturday morning I drove to Fairmont for the board meeting. It was very kind of Janie O'Neil and the family to let us stay at her condo. Jennika, Janie, Jody, Robin, Linda, and I soaked in the hot springs and it was very relaxing. I was going to drive back to Belt for the 2nd night of the bullriding, but they postponed it because of weather. Apparently there was a few inches of snow in Belt. I thought it was summer! Thank you so much to the O'Neil family for opening up their "home" away from home to us. I had fun with all of the ladies and I want to thank all of them for coming and meeting. The board members got a lot of work done and had fun too. Things are picking up now and I am pumped for rodeo time!!!

1 comment:

  1. That photo is awesome! I like your outfit. Let me know if you get tired of it so I can have it ;-)

    ReplyDelete