Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Belt Rodeo and Geraldine Fun Day

Sam and I on our lovely steedHHaving a sugar break

Jourdan and I before the parade






I had a great first rodeo weekend in the treasure state. Jourdan Han, Miss Big Sky Pro Rodeo Roundup, and I started off our day at the tiny community of Geraldine. We rode in the parade
and then helped out with the goat rodeo. The little kids pulled ribbons off of the goats' tails and the older ones tied a ribbon on their tails. The adults actually headed and heeled the goats. It was good practice for all of those aspiring team ropers out there. It was great to meet up with Angie Hucke, who coordinated the goat rodeo. She has an adorable baby and very nice family. Jourdan and I then drove to Belt to meet up with Sam, Miss Teen Rodeo Montana and her family to get saddled up and ready for some rodeo action. I cannot say thank you enough to the Manley's who let me use Billy both nights for the rodeo. He is an amazing horse and his stop was perfect for grand entry carrying the American flag. I am so excited to ride him again this summer. It was great to see the O'Neil family and have Jennika pack a flag in grand entry. Thank you so much to the O'Neil's for their support! Well Belt was interesting because of all of the rain we encountered. We got poured on. I didn't let it rain on my parade though. I had a fun time laughing at Sam when her jaw was chattering nonstop as we were clearing out the arena. It was a little chilly, but not much stops a rodeo in Montana. Although the weather was extreme, I had a great time. Any day that I'm on the back of a horse I like to consider a great day. The next morning Hannah Heckman (the new Montana High School Rodeo Queen!!), Jourdan Han, Sam, and I did our first Belt parade. Then Sam and I rushed to put on a quick kiddie rodeo before the performance.

The second day of Belt rodeo action was absolutely gorgeous and the sun was making up for its absence the day before. I think I may have annoyed the other girls on Sunday because I was so hyper. Linda Rest has sponsored an excellent vitamin line through Herbalife and it has dramatically increased my energy level. Thank you Linda!!! I was bouncing off the walls all day long. I absolutely love the Belt Little Cowboys and would like to give them a huge thank you for having me. Lori and Gail did a great job orchestrating grand entry once again!

1 comment:

  1. Lesli
    Looks like you had a great time- love those chaps!

    ReplyDelete