Thursday, June 18, 2009

Montana High School Queen Contest and Stockgrowers Convention

Before the Stockgrowers Parade with the MSMR Royalty Some real cowboys- Baker's ranch rodeo team

I thought this was cute
Hello everyone! I am currently writing from my laptop in North Platte, Nebraska. I will report on that within the next few days!! Last week I attended the Montana High School Rodeo Finals Queen contest. I was excited to be co-emcee with Miss Teen Rodeo Montana for the horsemanship and got to speak to the contestants and families. Congratulations to Hannah Heckman- our new state High School Rodeo Queen. All three of the girls did a great job and I hope they all stay involved. It was my first time experiencing a high school contest. I enjoyed it a lot and got to see two former MRM's- Sarah Capp and Mandi Holland (who was judging). I then traveled to Miles City for the 125th annual Montana Stockgrowers Convention. They were honoring ranches that were 100 years or older. I enjoyed meeting ranchers from all over Montana who are so deeply embedded in agriculture. I stayed with an awesome family. The Plant's made me feel right at home and it was great to hang out with them. Kyleigh was the teen queen for Miles City when I was the rodeo queen. It was great to reunite and they took tremendous care of me! Thank you so much to the Plants!!! In Miles City, I toured the Range Riders Museum, the art museum, rode in the parade, and took in the American flag at the ranch rodeo. It was great to hang out with the Gustad girls. They rode in the parade and are doing great with their new titles! I was very impressed with the ranch rodeo. These men and women are talented and their horses truly have all-around talent!


No comments:

Post a Comment